Thursday, May 15, 2008

Conyers: 'We're closing in on Rove'

I love this little bit from Politico.

Just off the House floor today, the Crypt overheard House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers tell two other people: “We’re closing in on Rove. Someone’s got to kick his ass.”

Asked a few minutes later for a more official explanation, Conyers told us that Rove has a week to appear before his committee. If he doesn’t, said Conyers, “We’ll do what any self-respecting committee would do. We’d hold him in contempt. Either that or go and have him arrested.”

Conyers said the committee wants Rove to testify about his role in the imprisonment of former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman, among other things.

“We want him for so many things, it’s hard to keep track,” Conyers said.

I dunno if it will happen, and I know Conyers has his own detractors, but I had to smile at the warm fuzzy that the thought of Rove getting his ass kicked gave me.


And here is the rest of it.

No comments: