Friday, November 9, 2007

Amanda Fritz-On the Road Again!

Amanda Fritz, candidate for city commissioner (Sam Adams' spot) is out and about in the community again this weekend, meeting Portlanders and collecting for her clean money campign. Here are the times and locations:

Saturday, November 10, 8:30 - 10 a.m.

Espresso Classico,
11136 SW Capitol Highway, at Pomona near PCC Sylvania

Saturday, November 10, noon - 1:30 p.m.

Burgerville, NE 82nd and Glisan
(Near the Montavilla Community Center)


Sunday, November 11, 2 - 3:30 p.m.

Dragonfly Coffee House, 2387 NW Thurman


Sunday, November 11, 4 - 5:30 p.m.

Twin Paradox, 8609 SE 17th Avenue

I also wanted to share her answer when asked why she is not mailing donation forms to folks. It speaks right to one of the primary reasons that I support her in this campaign to help lead our city.

"Some folks have asked me to mail forms. My volunteers and I are collecting my donations face-to-face, for several reasons:

* I believe Public Campaign Financing is about citizens' active participation making more difference than writing a check.
* We're having fun knocking on our neighbors' doors and chatting about issues as well as collecting donations.
* I want my donors to be thanked in person.
* I'm aiming for 100% accuracy in filling out the forms.
* It doesn't make sense to me for the sender of a mailed contribution to sign both as donor and recipient of the $5 contribution, even though it's allowed with the new triplicate form under the revised rules. I want my donors to have a receipt signed by someone I've authorized to collect on my behalf.
* Portlanders should have absolutely no room for doubt that anyone qualifying for Public Campaign Financing this cycle did indeed receive 1000 donations of $5, freely given and properly documented. By collecting in person with trusted authorized solicitors, I will know for sure that each donation is valid.

I held my campaign to higher than the minimum standards last time. Even though the bar for all has already been raised substantially, I intend to do so again this cycle."

Amanda has an incredibly high level of integrity...and it shows. Get out there this weekend and meet her for yourself.

No comments: