Saturday, August 16, 2008

McCain-Not pro-much a 'nothin

Doesn't seem so different to me.


NEW YORK -- John McCain has pitched himself as a different kind of Republican but not, apparently, when it comes to gay rights.

In a interview with the Conservative magazine Weekly Standard , McCain was asked if he was considering a pro-choice vice presidential pick like former Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge. In his answer he volunteered Mike Bloomberg as an unworthy candidate:

"I think it's a fundamental tenet of our party to be pro-life but that does not mean we exclude people from our party that are pro-choice. We just have a -- albeit strong -- but just it's a disagreement. And I think Ridge is a great example of that. Far more so than Bloomberg, because Bloomberg is pro-gay rights, pro, you know, a number of other issues.


Anyone who thinks this man is a maverick or whatever, is plain kidding themselves. If it's up to him, I have neither rights as a woman nor as a lesbian. Tell me again how he will claim to lead my country (not to mention collect my taxes)?And here is the rest of it.

2 comments:

Phil said...

They don't call him John "McSame" for nuthin'.

brenda said...

Is "Misogynist" too strong of a word for McCain? If so i'll just say "Male Chauvinist" I never could figure out why anyone would think they would have a right to choose how we live our personal lives. Isnt there REAL issues they should be thinking about? I forgot, they cant handle the real ones. I can gurantee you, no one will ever tell me how to live, its my life, my choice!