Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why does Smith assume we won't know?

I received this from BRO. It quite nicely sums up the insult to my intelligence that Gordon Smith has been attempting to accomplish. It isn't working, by the way.

From Jeana Frazzini:

I'm truly stunned. Last night I watched one of the most offensive political ads I've ever seen.

None of us can escape the barrage of political ads in this intense election season. I find some of the ads to be dull, others slightly troubling, but none as offensive as what I have seen from Senator Gordon Smith.

This week alone he is running an advertisement that panders to gay voters in Portland and a different ad bashing us in rural Oregon.

One minute he's bragging about his support for gay rights. And the next he's attacking a minor party candidate for believing that same-sex couples should be treated equally under the law.

I've had enough. It's time for Gordon Smith to stop playing politics with our families.

Email Senator Smith today and tell him that our families are not political pawns.

Tell Gordon Smith that he can't play politics with gay rights any longer.

In solidarity,

Jeana Frazzini
Basic Rights Oregon
And here is the rest of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeh, Gordon Smith didn't ever fool me for one moment! Honestly, they mus think we are idiots!

We'll find out tonight how the elections all shook out!